- 02/Non/2011 Movie: Craw crane designed and implemented by undergrad student in RDE for campus festival.Most of the parts were made of woods cut by laser.
- 24/Oct/2011 Educating Robot Development in a University Laboratory from First Year was published on Journal of Robotics and Mechatronics, a report on educational method in this laboratory.
- 03/May/2011 Japan Earthquake Diary: 'Suddenly I Heard a Roar From the Ground' was published on IEEE Spectrum blog. 15 days since the earthquake and tsunami.
- 04/Apr/2011 Server was recovered after 25days shutdown due to the earthquake disaster. Our laboratory including robots had no serious damages.
- 09/Jul/2010 Journal paper on BallIP published. Available at Fuji Technology Press
Abstract and PDF Download (Fulltext download requires a simple and free registration)
- 29/Apr/2010 BallIP is introduced by IEEE spectrum blog. Thank you!.
And also introduced by boing boing, gizmode, engadget, popsci, dvice, geek, make (So many articles, and I cannot list all). Thanks all.
Movie used in ICRA09 WMV(12Mbyte)
For detail, please refer a proceeding for ICRA09, available at IEEE explore by searching "balanced on a ball", or ask me via Inquiry form. One journal paper will be published soon.
- Masaaki KUMAGAI is now in CMU The Robotics Institute for a year in sabbatical until the end of Aug/2010, with one BallIP.
- 22/May/2008 English version becomes available.
- 15/Mar/2008 Balancing Robot on Ball, revision up! movie
WMV (2Mbps, 30Mbyte)
MPEG1 (1.2Mbps, 23Mbyte)
MPEG1 (0.2Mbps, 3.4Mbyte)
- 27/Feb/2008 Balancing Robot on Ball, developing story (additional format)
MPEG2 (2Mbps, 87Mbyte)
MPEG1 (1.2Mbps, 55Mbyte)
- 27/Feb/2008 Balancing Robot on Ball, developing story
WMV (2Mbps, 64Mbyte)
WMV (500kbps, 17Mbyte)